Wednesday, February 13, 2008

the clint eastwood award


yikes, i've been tagged!
and you know what .. it didn't hurt a bit.
actually, it tickled. and i would love to get you back, you TWO taggers, but that's not how this works. oh no.
this is how the You Make My Day Award works:

1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make your day.
2. Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
3. Tell the award winners that they've won by commenting on their blogs.

two of my fave artists, linda from yellow monday and kylie from mizu designs , zapped me with this award, because they're just the sweetest.
clint eastwood immediately came to mind.

now, linda and kylie, as you're the only two who probably read this blog regularly, my 5 blog links are really for you.
it's also not much of a secret that i don't read that many blogs, so i find this award something of a challenge.
which is why i'm going to change it a bit.
rather than you MAKE my day, i'm listing the 5 blogs that MADE my day.
subtle but important difference for the very slack and inconsistent blog reader that i am.

in the last few days i've been madly cruising blogs. these are the 5 that MADE my day...

up all night again - kirsty hall's "the diary project" is a truly gorgeous concept from a very talented UK artist. exquisite daily drawings on the back of envelops.
the paper forest - i've been obsessing about paper art of late, this gorgeous site is full of all things paper and is really big on great paper projects to make.
absolutely beautiful things - brisbane interior designer anna spiro's blog explodes with ooh la la, high-end eye candy. this is another world, other worlds.
bloesem - irene is a dutch woman living in malaysia and her blog has loads of really great designey things.
dudley redhead - okay, okay, i know she's been tagged before but i can't resist double dipping, tara's site makes me smile, i love her ideas and she has the cutest robots.

owing to a sudden production spurt after a gloriously lazy few weeks, pretty soon i'll be adding to my cushion gallery.
i really must find the time to learn how to use Flickr properly, i think that's going to be the best place for a gallery of photos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks fo rthe great links. I'm going to go and have a good look!

mizu designs said...

i'm so flattered! sorry it's taken me so long to read your post but i've been away visiting my sister and nephews. thanks a million for your kind words. i can't wait to check these out. i do know at least one of them but the others are new to me.